Middle facial feminization surgery
Why will cheek augmentation procedure make your cheeks more feminine?
Check augmentation aims to soften and round facial features to create a smoother and more feminine appearance.
Cheek Augmentation will provide fuller and more prominent cheeks into your face. At the same time, we will reduce any sallowness or sunken look. It may also help to provide some lift causing a rejuvenating effect on your mid-face.
Cheek augmentation within a Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS)
Cheek Augmentation is often performed as part of other Facial Feminization Surgery global procedure. Incisions are made inside the mouth and in the scalp, to avoid external scarring.
Typically, cheek enhancement surgery is performed in sequence during extended surgery. The procedure will take into consideration your unique facial features and recommended surgical plan.
Cheek augmentation with lipofilling
Lipofilling is used for facial feminization to give the face a more feminine appearance since women have fuller cheeks than men. With this technique, we get permanent and natural appearing results.
This procedure includes filling up the area of the malar or cheekbones with the fat taken from the abdominal area or inner thighs.
What is lipofilling?
Facial lipofilling consists in transferring the fat from other body parts such as the abdomen or inner thighs to the facial area, in order to provide permanent fillers for the face. It is an intervention that usually complements other feminization surgeries.
Normally, more fat is transferred than necessary since the fat is absorbed by 30-40% during the first month, so the surgeon usually makes some corrections of the area.
The intervention is without incisions and no stitches are needed. Both the extraction and injection of the fat are done with cannulas or micro cannulas.
As mentioned, lipofilling serves as a complementary or single filling treatment of:
- Cheekbones: the objective is to highlight the cheekbones and make them fuller in order to feminize the middle third of the face. With this treatment, we can conceal the dark circles and nasolabial grooves.
- Temporal fossa: This is done with the objective of avoiding the lateral protrusion of the orbital arches and disguising the protrusion of the orbit in its lateral zone which is typical in men.
- Forehead: This is done to increase the convexity of the forehead, making it more oval, and to decrease the protrusion of the supraorbital arch or ridge.
- Chin: The filling is done with the aim of protruding and refining the chin or giving it a more feminine appearance.
- Lips: the goal is to make the lips fuller and see them redder or with a more defined vermilion border. The drawback is that in this particular area we must overfill the lip and the appearance of thick lip infiltration can last for a few weeks. This must be explained carefully to the patient before performing this technique on the lips.
The advantages of lipofilling are:
- It is a permanent filling, unlike hyaluronic acid, which is a temporary filling that lasts several months.
- The fat has stem cells that give a more rejuvenated and smooth appearance to the skin.
What to expect from the check augmentation with lipofilling intervention?
This surgery is completely ambulatory, which means that the patient goes home after the intervention. The surgery duration is approximately 1 hour and it is performed under local anesthesia and a slight sedation.
The facial lipofilling intervention involves two phases:
- First, a conventional liposuction is performed, in which the fat that will be transferred to the face is extracted from the abdomen and flank area or even the lower facial third and cervical region.
- Once the fat is removed, a purification process is carried out to obtain the best quality of fat cells. Subsequently, the fat is injected into the facial areas where it is necessary to recover the volume.
Are there any risks in facial lipofilling?
Facial lipofilling is considered to be a low risk surgery. Although cosmetic surgery is not an exact science, the biggest drawback could be that the surgeon or the patient are not completely satisfied with the results, which is something that rarely happens.
This is because the percentage of fat reabsorption, once injected, can vary from one patient to another, even from one area to another.
To do this, we make a detailed patient medical history at Facifem, assessing the weight of the current patient and previous photographs of the patient.